I believe that an important opportunity exists in minimizing
water consumption and expense. There are
many factors that support this theory. Each
of us is constantly facing rising utility rates, which significantly impact water
and sewer consumption. In addition, people
are becoming more environmentally conscious.
They are looking to minimize costs, conserve resources, and make
efficient and environmentally friendly decisions for their homes. On a larger scale, most regions of this
country, and around the world, are currently being affected by drought which
restricts water usage.
The unmet need is that people are searching for a way to
maximize their water usage in an efficient and effective way, which conserves
water while minimizing costs. They need
a system that would provide additional free water at their disposal, with
minimal cost to the consumer, or a negative impact to the environment.
The people who are experiencing this need are homeowners,
business owners, and farmers. This need
is shared by any individual that would benefit from an external reservoir of
free water.
This is a need that has always existed because mankind has
continuously needed to find the most effective and efficient way to manage the
resource of water.
In order to meet this need now, people are making an effort
to restrict their water use. When that
is not possible, then people simply opt to pay more for their water, or go
without. I am 95% sure that this
opportunity exists.
I identified three prototypical customers which included
three homeowners. The interviews are
shown below.
After conducting the three interviews, I anticipated that my
view of the opportunity would change, however, the interviews helped to confirm
the validity that this opportunity does exist.
The people interviewed reacted favorably to this opportunity reinforcing
the accuracy of this idea. I do feel
that entrepreneurs should continuously adapt their opportunities based on
customer feedback. This information is
critical in order to identify a problem, and create a solution to satisfy that
need.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteTatiana,
ReplyDeleteWow. I think this is a wonderful opportunity that does certainly exist. Water usage is always a high priority in my house. I constantly tell my roommate to stop taking such long showers! I think you have a great idea on your hands. It took me a few times to figure out the idea only because science and water related information is not my strongest area of knowledge. I hope you entered the ThunderDome because this idea could go incredibly far and should be pushed to the limits. What would your first step in this process be? Awesome post!
My post: http://14blogisa.blogspot.com/2016/05/forming-opportunity-belief.html
Again, great job all around. You focused on a need that is prevalent and significant. You also did a great job of having in-depth interviews. Splendidly done!
ReplyDelete- Ryan
Excellent post, I second the comment already made about you joining the thunderdome. Seriously this idea has weight as it tackles a prominent issue that people haven't considered enough. Yes this idea would follow a lot of development before existing, due to the fact that the typical American has a particularly difficult time being told how to do anything. But none the less great post I look forward to reading more like it.
ReplyDeleteThe need for water is something that will always exist for humans. As you pointed out people have become aware that they need to conserve water, but at the same time still need it for daily activities. I find this to be an excellent opportunity that is not just limited to the U.S. Rather, this is an issue that has world wide implications because many LDC's struggle to even have drinking water available. I'm excited to see how this idea will develop.
ReplyDeletehttp://chriscooksey7.blogspot.com/
This is such a relevant issue for everyone. Great job. But I also think that for every person conserving water there is a the opposite person using it excessively and not thinking in terms of the greater good. It's a tough concept but I applaud you for being brave enough to tackle it! The more you talk about it the closer we can get to having a real solution.
ReplyDeleteI agree that this opportunity does exist. However it is a tough one to tackle. If we find away to minimize consumption and cost it would be great for businesses and farmers especially. I also think that we should look into providing water for areas that are going through a drought, like California. I think your opportunity is great and has a lot of room to expand into.
ReplyDeleteWow great job on this assignment, Tatiana! You found an amazing opportunity and the problem you identified is one many people have. The interviews you conducted were very well done and you gathered some very useful information from them. If you decide to do your future projects on this particular opportunity, I will be curious to see what kind of solution you find.
ReplyDeleteHey Tatiana! As in your previous post I have to completely agree with you! I think this is a problem that affects us all. I think your interviews were great! I was not able to do my assignment on time so I don't have that "interviewing experience" I think you did pretty well though, I also believe that you should consider bringing your opportunity to the thunderdome, it will be great to see what you come up with! Have a great semester!!
ReplyDeleteNicolas C.