Saturday, May 28, 2016

My Solution

The Issue:

Any individual or business are in need of a resourceful and efficient system to conserve water, minimize utility expenses, and efficiently utilize runoff water in an effort to minimize the impacts of drought, climate change, water use restrictions, and rising costs of water usage.

My Solution:

I believe that people could benefit from having a reservoir of free standing water that they could have at their disposal to use whenever they wish.  I would like to develop a tank that is approximately 2 feet in diameter and 8 feet tall.  I would like to install this tank on the side of a home and attach it to the downspout drain of the gutter system.  During a rainstorm, as the water is channeled through the gutter system, it would be collected into the tank and stored for later use at no cost to the consumer.  With the addition of a pressure valve, the homeowner could then use pressurized water for projects such as watering the lawn, filling a pool, or washing a car. 

No comments:

Post a Comment