1. Communication
skills: A successful venture is centered on the idea that the message about a
product and its benefits is received clearly and understood by potential
customers. I believe that good
communication is rare. It takes effort and verification to determine if the
message relayed is in fact the message received. I also believe that
communication is a two-way street. It is crucial for the producer of a product
to receive feedback an opinions from end-users.
This provides opportunities for growth and evolution of the product.
2. Quality
oriented: I believe that pressurized
water storage tanks would be products that would be used for the long
term. I would like this product to work
efficiently and meet or even surpass expectations every time it is used. I would select the best quality of materials
and design so that the experience of utilizing this product would be a pleasant
one for the customer each and every time it is used.
3. Bilingual: I am originally from Bogota, Colombia
and I was raised in the United States. My background has provided me a
unique perspective of two diverse yet remarkable cultures. I am fluent in
English and Spanish. I believe that the ability to communicate in Spanish
may help with opening new markets and demographics that would otherwise be
quite difficult to reach.
4. Protecting the environment: The benefits of having a pressurized
water tank go beyond those realized by the customer. Using ecologically friendly additives and
natural pesticides have a true global impact.
This will reduce the amount of chemicals and fertilizers that runoff
into the storm sewer systems and eventually into rivers, lakes and the
oceans. In Florida, Lake Okeechobee has been loaded for decades
with excessive amounts of nitrogen and phosphorus such as fertilization runoff
from farms and urbanization. Such
nutrients, along with other environmental factors (such as warmer
temperatures), promote the growth of blue-green algae, also known as cyanobacteria. This has caused the unprecedented amount of toxic algae blooms infesting miles of southern
Florida's coastline. Widespread use of
environmentally friendly additives may help significantly to prevent future
environmental damage such as this.
5. Efficiency: I continuously look for new ways to improve a
process. I am always interested in
finding ways to increase efficiency while minimizing expense and effort. I believe that efficiency is a crucial
element needed for managing and maintaining a cost-effective and productive
business venture.
6. Personal
relationships: I would like to focus my
efforts on developing a strong network of individuals that are like minded and
are able to share their unique qualities and capabilities in support of this
venture. While I believe it is important
to surround myself with knowledgeable people that are experienced in this
field, I feel that it is equally important to find people that are supportive,
encouraging, and reassuring, especially when the process becomes
difficult. For this reason, I believe
that friends and family would be an invaluable asset in this endeavor.
7. Cost
Effective: People are continuously searching for a way to maximize their
water usage in an efficient and effective way, which conserves water while
minimizing costs. It would be useful to have a system that would provide
additional free water, without negative impact to the environment. This
would be beneficial to the consumer because it would minimize water consumption
while reducing utility costs.
8. Flexibility: One of the most important attributes of any
successful venture is the ability to adapt and change with the growing market. Being receptive to the consumer by
understanding what their unmet needs are and adapting your product to fulfill this
need is critical for sustainability and longevity.
9. Reliability:
I believe that reliability is instrumental in building customer loyalty. Reliability occurs when there is consistency
in the quality of standardized service a consumer receives. This creates a
positive experience for the consumer which leads to confidence and trust in the
provider. This will motivate the
consumer to want to do business more often with that provider.
10. Rebates,
tax credits and exemptions: The United States Department of Energy currently
underwrites a number of programs to purchase solar heating systems. For example, the state of Florida offers a
sales tax exemption for all solar equipment; the Orlando Utilities Commission
provides an instant $1,000 rebate for solar water heating systems. The advantages that the water tank system
offers regarding cost savings and protecting the environment make it a potential
candidate for similar incentive programs.
After compiling my list of resources, I believe that my
top resource is communication. I noticed
that communication was a fundamental aspect needed in each of the other listed
resources. To create reliability,
communication is needed. To determine if
a government grant is possible and how to apply for one, communication is
needed. Additionally, for a consumer to
fully understand the cost effectiveness of harvested water, communication is
needed. After all, what is a good idea
if it is not communicated?
Hey Tatiana! I love that your top resource is communication. I think this skill is so valuable and is often overlooked especially with my generation. Especially after watching your elevator pitch, I know that you are able to get your point across clearly. I also think knowing about rebates and tax credits is so valuable. This is something I do not know about, but wish I did. I think it's wonderful to have this knowledge especially because it could save you a bunch of money in the long haul.
ReplyDeleteHi Tatiana. You have a fantastic list of resources from which to draw from in you business venture. You are a very well rounded individual with a great product concept on your hands. You also seem very detail oriented and efficiency driven. I also appreciate that you chose communication to be a top resource. So often today communication is overlooked when in reality it is crucial to any successful relationship, business or personal. Good job and good luck.
ReplyDeleteHi Tatiana, I agree that communication is a very important aspect for your venture. This is how you will get others to understand and want to use your idea. Overall, you have many good advantages and all of them seem pretty important to have. I do think that personal relationships are also very important. They are how your idea will grow and spread. Great job on your post.
ReplyDeleteTatiana,
ReplyDeleteYou did a great job evaluating yourself and your business venture to determine what exactly sets you apart and gives you an advantage over everyone else. You used so much detail and clearly put a lot of thought into this post and that made it very enjoyable to read. I agree that your top advantage is definitely communication. Not only are you skilled in communicating but also you are bilingual. This gives you a leg up in the world and is a strong asset for your business venture.