Sunday, July 17, 2016

Elevator Pitch No.3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YsJXOreidM&feature=youtu.be


I received extremely helpful feedback on my Elevator Pitch No.2 speech.  Originally when I first taped myself, I noticed that I was swaying back and forth a great deal and I gestured in a way that seemed exaggerated to me.  For the second video that I submitted, I believe that I over compensated.  I made a concerted effort to be as still as I could be and leave my arms down.  It was no surprise that I received comments suggesting ways that I could look more natural and therefore convey my message effectively.  I would also add that the comments were not only constructive but very kind and encouraging. 

I also knew that if I added more pertinent information that I would have to sacrifice certain aspects of my original speech.  For my Elevator Pitch No.3, I decided to add some striking points that make my concept stand out from competitors.  This made me take a closer look at any information in my speech that was not critical to my message.  I added three new points and omitted a few lines that were not providing necessary information.  This quickly became another lesson in purposeful and useful communication.

Based on the feedback, I increased my energy and I moved in a more natural way as I spoke.  I also slowed down though constantly aware of the time limit. I modified my speech to focus on elements of my idea that make my product stand out and therefore created a more complete message all around. 

6 comments:

  1. Hi Tatiana!

    As someone who has watched all three of your pitches, I really think you have delivered your best with this one and it is nearly perfect. You can definitely tell that you focused on working on your stance and gestures, and this time around you had a great balance of useful hand gestures but not over using them or swaying. You spoke clear and confident about your idea, and made it clear to consumers how your reservoir can address their needs directly. You also did a great job of hitting all your points and doing it in the correct amount of time. I really don't have any criticism, you can tell you've put a lot into learning from your feedback and improving your pitch. Great job and keep it up, I really like the idea you have going here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was by far your best pitch yet! You really took the advice from the comments and turned it into something great. It is really nice to see such growth over these past couple weeks. You spoke well and informed the audience about your product. This is a great idea and could really make a difference in the world. I hope this idea goes places.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Tatiana! I think this is one of the best elevator pitches I've seen so far for this class. You were so poised throughout the entire video. I have gotten several comments for talking with my hands too much, and after watching yours I agree with the comments I got. You used the perfect amount of gestures while talking calmly and smoothly to the audience. I think the only issue I have is that your pitch is a minute twenty which is a little over the time limit. However, I think that since you did such a fantastic job it's fine. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tatiana. Great job on your elevator pitch. It offered just enough information to get my attention and make me want to meet with you again to discuss the particulars. You have a very useful and beneficial product and the passion to capture the interest in others. You appeared calm and calculated which also helped keep my attention. great job and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tatiana! Great job on your pitch. You sounded great and really caught my attention. It seems that you really took in all the feedback and applied it to this last pitch. You kept me interested through the whole pitch which I think is really important. Again, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tetiana

    You did a great job on your last elevator pitch. This is probably the best one I have seen so far and it is so cool to see how much you have improved on your pitch. Your posture and hand motions were natural and I did not notice any swaying at all. It seems like you took every thing you have learned from the first two pitched and used that knowledge to make an amazing pitch. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete