Sunday, July 3, 2016

Elevator Pitch No.2

The Pitch:


Reflection on the feedback:

I feel that all of the feedback I got was extremely important.  I found that some people didn’t quite capture what made my idea stand out from existing water storage tanks available.  I feel that I should focus more on the pressurized water aspect.  Water collection may be considered typical, however my concept includes a water filtration system and pressurized water technology.  This would greatly broaden the practical applications and increase diversified usage of the stored water.   I should also focus more on the additives that I could offer including biodegradable soap, organic and natural pesticides for example.  I also could stress the aesthetic variety in both appearance and sizes that would be available.   

Changes based on the feedback:


I did not change much on the Elevator Pitch Number 2.  I found that by trying to include additional information I inevitably would exceed the time limit.  Including new details in the minute long elevator pitch would mean sacrificing significant, basic information that is necessary for the listener to understand the concept.  

3 comments:

  1. You had a great pitch. You laid out the problem and the reasons for that problem in a way that was understandable. However, one thing that I would improve on before the next pitch would be to work on your gestures. For the entire minute your hands were by your side and it didn't look natural. I would suggest practicing in front of a mirror to get used to using your hands more and make it look a bit more animated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tatiana, you did a great job with this pitch. I agree with what you said, that trying to add in a lot more information would put you over the time limit. For things like this, the basics that get consumers interested are what's most important, then other details and options can be provided later on. That is exactly what you did. I'm very shy and nervous for things like these, and I know how difficult they can be. You did a great job carrying yourself and speaking confidently and with good voice inflection to describe your water tank idea. If anything, I would just suggest something similar to Chris above, hand gestures can do a lot in a pitch if they are not overused. I think using a couple as you talk would be beneficial! Overall, good job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tatiana, I think you did a great job with your second pitch. I also think that it was a good thing that you didn't add more information that wasn't really needed, you did get your message across in a great way. I have to agree with Chris, he was right in saying that you didn't move your hands in a natural way, try to practice before hand, probably record yourself a couple times before submitting your final work.

    ReplyDelete